Sunday, June 25, 2006

November 13, 2005 A Baby Shower in the Hospital

Our first baby shower! The girls from my group at work organized it and brought it to the hospital. The staff at the hospital has been so great through all of this. They have basically allowed me the freedom to make this stay as comfortable as I can possibly make it. We have continued to meet with our small group every week, I've been able to have friends come visit daily, and stay past the "visiting hours". Today they allowed us to use another ante-partum room for the shower. The girls came a bit earlier to set up and we had a great time. When we were admitted to the hospital weeks ago, I was sad because I thought we would not be able to have a baby shower and celebrate with friends the arrival of our baby. I felt so blessed and loved by these girls who were willing to bring a shower to the hospital for us!! I had so much fun because I got to make myself pretty for the first time since checking into the hospital, and I was able to share laughter and conversation with a few of my friends from work. I was so thankful for those that were able to come--I wish that I could have shared with more people but the location for the shower limited the number in attendance. I could not believe all the gifts that we received! Our co-workers have been so generous with us, it has been a bit overwhelming. We are so thankful for their support through it all! So many of them have stopped by the hospital to visit, some visit regularly, many have called, a few have taken the time to cook and bring us dinners to the hospital, and so many are praying for us and the baby. Every single person has shown us Christ's love--they are a constant reminder that through them God is watching over us and that is so wonderful to know.

No comments: