
The words still resonate in my head, "It's a girl" the doctor said as she pulled out this tiny baby from within me! I can't put down in words what I felt!! I am so glad that we waited to find out until the delivery the baby's sex--it's amazing to have that element of surprise! I would recommend it to anyone!! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so let's see if that's true.
Immediately following doctor's annoucement that "It's a girl"These are pictures that my husband took of me in the O.R. What do you think??
So, at 4:08PM we became proud parents of a beautiful 5lbs 5oz, 18 inch baby girl! Katherine Elisabeth, or Kateli as we call her, was born 5 weeks early, and she was perfect. I remember laying on that operating table as the doctor sewed me back up, praying. Praying to our Father in heaven that Kateli was fine; that her little lungs were fully developed, that she would be breathing on her own, and that she would not need to be in NICU. I know that God listened to my prayers, He always does, but He didn't answer them exactly as I had asked.
Shortly after Kateli was born, daddy brought her to me so I could meet our little one--it was the first time I took a close look at little Katherine. Oh, she was the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. Perfect!! Ten little fingers, a button nose, and perfect little pink lips--what else could I have asked for? God is amazing! Then one of the NICU nurses approached me. She said that Katherine was having a bit of a problem breathing and that she would need to be put on oxygen for a couple of days. I was scared--it was the last thing that I wanted! But I trusted that God's hand was in all of this, He had been with us through all of this, I had no reason to think that He would abandon us now. So I needed to let my fears go and let the doctors do whatever was necessary so that our little angel could be okay.
I was taken to recovery, and at 11:15PM that same night, I was strong enough to get out of bed and into a wheelchair. I wanted to go see my daughter one more time before the next day. My husband wheeled me over to the NICU and next to Kateli. There she was, sound asleep and looking so angelic. She had an oxygen cap over her little head.

I touched her little hand and got up real close to her little ear and said "I love you little one" Still brings tears to my eyes to think that as soon as she heard her mommy's voice, she opened her little eyes and looked towards me. It was as if she was saying "I know that voice, I want to see and know her face too". My husband looked at me and said, "that's the first time I've seen her open her eyes, she just needed to hear her mommy" I talked to her softly for a few minutes before I had to go back to my room! I was sad to leave her there. How I longed to have her with me right away.

So, at 4:08PM we became proud parents of a beautiful 5lbs 5oz, 18 inch baby girl! Katherine Elisabeth, or Kateli as we call her, was born 5 weeks early, and she was perfect. I remember laying on that operating table as the doctor sewed me back up, praying. Praying to our Father in heaven that Kateli was fine; that her little lungs were fully developed, that she would be breathing on her own, and that she would not need to be in NICU. I know that God listened to my prayers, He always does, but He didn't answer them exactly as I had asked.
Shortly after Kateli was born, daddy brought her to me so I could meet our little one--it was the first time I took a close look at little Katherine. Oh, she was the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. Perfect!! Ten little fingers, a button nose, and perfect little pink lips--what else could I have asked for? God is amazing! Then one of the NICU nurses approached me. She said that Katherine was having a bit of a problem breathing and that she would need to be put on oxygen for a couple of days. I was scared--it was the last thing that I wanted! But I trusted that God's hand was in all of this, He had been with us through all of this, I had no reason to think that He would abandon us now. So I needed to let my fears go and let the doctors do whatever was necessary so that our little angel could be okay.
I was taken to recovery, and at 11:15PM that same night, I was strong enough to get out of bed and into a wheelchair. I wanted to go see my daughter one more time before the next day. My husband wheeled me over to the NICU and next to Kateli. There she was, sound asleep and looking so angelic. She had an oxygen cap over her little head.

I touched her little hand and got up real close to her little ear and said "I love you little one" Still brings tears to my eyes to think that as soon as she heard her mommy's voice, she opened her little eyes and looked towards me. It was as if she was saying "I know that voice, I want to see and know her face too". My husband looked at me and said, "that's the first time I've seen her open her eyes, she just needed to hear her mommy" I talked to her softly for a few minutes before I had to go back to my room! I was sad to leave her there. How I longed to have her with me right away.


No comments:
Post a Comment