Sunday, February 01, 2009

Day 4 of Daddy's Ski trip away with the guys

I've made it through day 4 of solo parenting. Today was super low key compared to the last couple of days. The kids and I took it easy, making it to church this morning and spending most of the day at home. We ate a quick lunch, before a short video and then 2hr nap for Kateli, and 2.5 hrs for Joshua. After Kateli woke up she let me do a short photo shoot in her room, I'll post some when I go through those. Then this afternoon, we headed out to our friends house to just hang out and let the kids roam around. We did have an open invite to another friend's Super Bowl party, but I'm so worn out I didn't feel I had the energy to socialize too much tonight; I just wanted to take it easy. It's amazing how fast the 5 days have gone by (okay, I know I still have all of tomorrow, but really...it's been fast) The kids have behaved very well, and in the moments when they haven't, I've really tried to control my temper and have a little bit of patience, and show them grace. I think Kateli probably thinks I'm a little crazy, as this morning when they were testing me, instead of losing it, I would just pause, close my eyes and say "Lord, help me through this...I'm not going to lose it..." when I'd open my eyes, I'd see Kateli staring at me with a confused look on her face, and then her demeanor would change and she would obey :).

2 comments:

Mónica said...

oh man, i love that you would say a prayer and open your eyes to kateli all confused. she will remember that and do it herself when she is older to get through tough situations. so wonderful of you. and... 5 days?!?!? you're a soldier!

Marta said...

Great job!!!! You did it.. your first time with just you and the kids and no Daddy... it's hard but you get through it! It's not that bad!