Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 1 of Daddy's ski trip with the guys...

Yes, you read right...daddy is away on a ski trip with just the guys. The kids and I are here, and so far having a great time. What was I thinking, right?? to say "yes" to him going away for a few days--that's right, not 1, 2 or 3 days, but 5!!! I'm a good wife, huh?? well, I'd like to think so, but I have to be honest that I was a little...okay, honestly A LOT, jealous of his little adventure, until we dropped him off at the airport this morning, and then I was fine. After all, I do think that he deserves a break. AND I realized that it's not so bad to stay home with the kids, I do it everyday, and I know that this is going to be a good time for us.

So, today after the airport the kids and I headed to lunch to meet my friend and her kids. I should add that she and her kids had also just dropped off daddy/hubby at the airport, as it just so happens he's on the same ski trip as my dear husband. Anyway, being home with the kiddos we have FUN plans for the kiddos this weekend. After lunch we did naps, and then headed out to the grocery store. I thought I was safe and had plenty of time doing this before Kateli's ballet lesson tonight, and boy was I wrong. It took a little longer than normal to shop; I busted my gallon of milk while transferring it from the bagging area to my cart, but didn't realize it was busted until the kids were strapped in the car and I was putting the groceries in the trunk...of course I wasn't going to unload and head back in for another gallon of milk, so what did I do?? You have to know that ballet is at 6:30, it's about a 10 min drive (in not so inclement weather, and we still have ice on the roads here) from the house, and it was 6:06pm when we left the grocery store parking lot. Anyway, I decided to rush home and pour the milk out into some type of container so that it didn't leak out in the car--that's was all the groceries that I got out of the car at the time. And I rushed back out, got Kateli dressed in the car for her lesson and off we went again, (same direction as the grocery store)...did we make it? yeah, 6:31pm, only to find out that the place was closed. They had cancelled class due to the icy roads--which are now nothing but slush. Of course Kateli was crushed that her class was cancelled, and she cried for a bit. But we made it back home for a late dinner and a movie. Kateli was excited when I mentioned to her that we would have a sleepover with our friends, and she was eager to let Becca sleep in her room. It was so cute. Well, all kids went to bed just fine and us, moms, got to enjoy a chick flick, "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2", have you seen it?? CHICK FLICK!! But a good one at that! And it's off to bed.

No comments: