
God surpassed all of our expectations by blessing us with our beautiful little angels. Life has never been the same since their arrival!
Monday, November 03, 2008
Happy Halloween
Yes, it's late posting, seeing as how we are already in NOVEMBER...and the clocks have been set back an hour!! I love this time of year. Seasons change, colors get vibrant reds, oranges, yellows and some brown. Leaves begin to fall off the trees, and the masses of leaves on the dead grass invite you to run, jump and kick leaves around, or just to toss them up in the air and watch them fall around you! The temps are dropping, and the air is crisp!! Oh, I just love it. I wish it would stay like this year round--you have to remember, we are having MILD temps in Tulsa, so that's not to say that I'm asking for 40's and 50's as my year round temps, but I would not mind 60's to 70's!! So, I wanted to post just a couple of pics of the kids in their halloween attire this year. As most years our plan is not real concrete when it comes to halloween, and we are not sure how really to treat the holiday--hm...is that the right word?? is Halloween a holiday? Anyway, in the beginning we were leaning more adamantly towards not dressing up our kids and doing the whole "trick or treating" deal, but THEN it became a fun way to get out of the house and visit daddy at work. Each year, since kateli was born they have hosted a "bring your child in costume" to work on Oct 31st...so we participated the first year...and then the second....and now the third...and well, you know where this is going. This year was a bit different though. In the past, we had not taken the kids trick or treating to homes in the evenings; this year, we joined some friends to do just that. It was actually fun, and Kateli seemed to REALLY enjoy it. She really had fun this year, both in wearing her costume, and taking part in the whole trick or treating ordeal. How timely that the day before Halloween, The Barney show was all about trick or treating and wearing costume...so guess what Kateli did?? She asked for "dulce like in Barney mami..." "twick or tweat" she'd say in a sweet voice....So, costume wise, I'm sure that you are wondering what the kids were this year. Thanks to my very kind friends, we had plenty to choose from as I didn't have much time to go out and find something once we decided we were going to partake in the festivities. So, Kateli had several to choose from--a lion, a flower, a bee, and a spider--she chose to be a BUMBLEBEE!!! a CUTE bumblebee at that!! Joshua was dressed up as FLASH the superhero....and boy was he the superhero of the night. That little guy wore his costume like a champ. I think it got up to about 80 that day, and he was wearing fleece...and a mask!! the mask stayed on his face from the time I put it on to the time we'd take it off...he walked around with no problem!! Joshua didn't quite understand the trick or treat part of the deal, but we quickly learned that he grasped that "candy is GOOD"...oh yeah, on the drive home from daddy's office he managed to get a snack size twix open and devour it before we got home. No way he could have hidden that from momma, seeing how his entire face and hands were covered in melted chocolate! Here are a couple of pics from the day....


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Cute costumes! Glad Kateli enjoyed the Trick or Treating.
GO flash GO-just too cute
I love the costumes!! The bee is to cute! Joshua makes a very dashing flash! We can't wait to see you!
You take the most amazing pictures. Your family is beautiful! and the kids look great in their costumes....
Post a Comment