It is Thursday today, and the fourth day since we lost power at home. Wow!! it's not until something like this happens that you learn to appreciate even the tiniest things that run on electricity--like LIGHT! Oklahoma was hit with a huge freeze on Sunday morning, that left about 200K homes without power--and that's just PSO service areas (PSO is electric company that serves our Tulsa area). As of yesterday evening, the number was down to 186K, so crews are working to restore power quickly. I believe it has been declared a state of emergency, so hopefully we'll get some help in to move quicker on getting everyone's power up and running. It's really cold out, so the inside temps drop quick dramatically without heat. It's hard to do it with two kiddos, but we have been lucky to find a generator that is now hooked up. We are running a couple of heaters off of it, the refrigerator, a light and a few other minor things like charging phones and such. The nights are fine, we stay warm on one side of the house with the heaters running; during the day, we try to get out and stay with friends who have power and heater running.
We are all doing well, but please pray that our power is restored quickly. As I type, I am at a friend's house doing laundry and checking email. I've got a crying baby in my lap, so this is all the update for now.
More later.
2 comments:
Thanks for letting us know what's going on! We've been wondering about everyone, and praying you were all provided for!
We hope that they restore the power back soon. It's a good thing that you guys were able to get a generator. keep the kids warm. I hope Joshua is better!
Post a Comment